Would you like to help but are not able to come to Huanchaco?
Scroll down to get involved
Donations of any size are more than welcome
A donation can be done as a one-time donation or recurring donation
The money is being used for
- Supplies like food / drinking bowls, brooms, blankets etc.
- Maintenance and construction of the shelter
- Medical care: flea and tick treatments, treatment of sick dogs, vaccinations, sterilizations etc.
To give you an idea of what your donation would buy
- For about 5 Eur we can feed 1 dog for 2 weeks
- For about 10 Eur we can feed 1 dog for 4 weeks
- For about 15 Eur we can vaccinate 1 adult dog (for 6 diseases)
- For about 25 Eur we can sterilize a dog
- For about 40 Eur we can vaccinate a puppy from first to final adult vaccination
- For about 50 Eur we can rescue a dog in need, give it basic medical treatment, vaccinate and sterilize it
- For about 100 Eur we can rescue a heavily injured or sick dog who needs x-rays, surgery and intensive medical treatment
- For about 100 Eur we can also build a 3 x 4 meter cage made of wood, a big roof for shaded area or a 20 meter fence
For Dutch donors
Stichting Esperanza Canina is an association with an ANBI (a public benefit organization) status. ANBI is the non-profit tax designation in the Netherlands issued by the Tax Office (Belastingdienst) in accordance with the general tax laws (Uitvoeringsregeling Algemene Wet Rijksbelastingen 1994). An institution can be qualified as an ANBI solely when at least 90% of the institutions efforts are focused on the general good.
- An ANBI does not pay Dutch inheritance tax or gift tax on inheritances or gifts that the institution allocates to the general good
- An ANBI does not pay Dutch gift tax on gifts that the institution makes for the general good
- Natural and legal persons making donations to an ANBI may deduct their gifts from their Dutch income tax or corporate income tax